If you run a tanning salon, you’ll understand the importance of keeping track of your clients’ details. A well-organised tanning client record cards system will help save you time and provide a better service.
There are two main options for storing tanning salon client details: traditional paper client record cards and digital tanning salon software. Digital client databases are safer, more efficient and easier to use. Your client records will be accessible from any location, backed up remotely and stored securely in accordance with GDPR.
In this guide, we’ll explain how to store your tanning salon client records and the benefits of using a cloud-based system. We’ll also discuss which client details you should store.
How Should Client Records Be Stored in a Salon?
Any profitable tanning salon needs an efficient system for storing and retrieving client details. Proper organisation will help streamline your business, provide a smoother service and ensure compliance with industry regulations.
There are many reasons why it’s important to keep detailed tanning salon client records. For example, knowing your clients’ skin types and appointment history will allow you to prevent sunbed overuse. Having easy access to contact details and upcoming appointments will also help avoid delays, missed appointments and double bookings.
In the past, tanning salon owners had to rely on paper client record cards. These are kept in a salon client record book or filing cabinet. They must be painstakingly organised by hand and stored securely to prevent data protection breaches.
Fortunately, there is an easier and more efficient way to store your client details: digital tanning salon software.
Paper Client Record Cards vs. Tanning Salon Software
Tanning salon software, such as ActiveSalon, is a practical, modern alternative to tanning salon record cards. It has numerous advantages, such as:
- Security. Being cloud-based and accessible only to authorised users, digital storage helps to protect clients’ personal details. This is important for GDPR compliance.
- Storage space. Paper record cards offer limited space for client details. Tanning salon software allows you keep a comprehensive, detailed records of each client and their appointment history.
- Accessibility. With tanning salon software, client records are stored in one place and can be accessed instantly. It’s quick and easy to search the database for specific information.
- Multiple users. Digital systems can be accessed from any location or device, and by multiple employees at once. This is essential for tanning salons with several branches.
- Increased profits. Automatic appointment reminders will help reduce lost revenue from no-shows. You’ll also have access to an easy-to-use email and SMS marketing system.
There are many software brands to choose from, each offering different features. Ideally, opt for a system that is tailored specifically to tanning salons, and offers a lengthy free trial. This way, you can decide if it’s right for you before subscribing.
What Information Should Be Stored on a Client Record Card?
Whether physical or digital, keeping accurate, detailed client records is essential for the success of your tanning salon. Some examples of client details that you should keep track of include:
- Personal details – name, gender, date of birth and client number
- Contact information – address, phone number and email address
- Preferred communication method
- Emergency contact or next of kin
- Skin type
- Transaction and appointment history
- Which site they enrolled at and when
- Disclaimers they’ve signed
- Remaining credits (e.g. for block bookings or referral rewards programs)
A digital system will allow you to store more detailed information than you’d find on a typical salon client record card template. You can also use the software to add notes about each client for future reference.
For instance, you could keep track of their favourite tanning lotions or any special offers they’ve used. This will help you to upsell products and tempt clients back with personalised deals.
What Is the Best Tanning Salon Client Record Keeping Software?
ActiveSalon is the leading UK-based software designed with tanning salons in mind. Our comprehensive record system allows you to store and retrieve your clients’ details all in one place. Everything from contact information to appointment history is handled securely in accordance with GDPR.
With unlimited staff logins and tiered user access, employees can access the database simultaneously across branches. As the system is cloud-based, there’s no risk of losing your data. You’ll also have access to numerous additional features including T-max integration, automated reporting, online reservations and more.
Loukas has been a part of the tanning industry since 2013; what he doesn’t know isn’t worth knowing! As a Director of SolarTrack Systems, his responsibilities don’t just include ActiveSalon, but a variety of different tools and packages.